Volunteer Sales Assistant
A varied and creative role where you’ll encourage donations, sort and present stock to maximise sales across all departments from fashion to furniture!
As part of this role you will;
- Ensure a high level of customer service is maintained by being helpful, courteous and knowledgeable about all products sold.
- Build customer loyalty and develop a rapport with customers.
- Offer regular feedback from customers to the Store Manager and the Store Supervisors.
- Know how to accept and process donations in a polite and empathetic manner always promoting the benefits of Gift Aid.
Desirable skills and attributes
- Positive with a professional attitude
- Approachable and friendly
- Able to work under pressure
- Recognises what excellent customer service is
- Team focussed
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Why volunteer with us?
- We offer flexible volunteer hours to suit you
- Full training
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to your local charity and the work of Nightingale House Hospice
- Reimburse reasonable local travel expenses for shifts of over 4 hours
- Provide a reference to prospective employers
- Belong to a friendly and welcoming team
- Offer work experience to put on your CV
- Provide a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the competitive retail sector
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- Be able to supply two character references
- This role is subject to a basic level Disclosure Barring Services Check
To start your volunteering adventure please apply online now