Advanced Heart Failure Services
Services for those who specifically have a type of heart failure called ‘left ventricular systolic dysfunction’
People who are managed by the North East Wales Specialist Heart Failure Team (based at the Maelor Hospital), can be referred to our specialist advanced heart failure service at Nightingale House Hospice.
Our service is run by specialist nurse Dr Jenny Welstand. Jenny is part-time at the hospice and has been a specialist heart failure nurse for 20 years.
Jenny initially sees patients and families for an assessment clinic appointment to assess what problems and challenges they are experiencing.
Our clinic focuses on:
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Difficulty coming to terms with the illness
- Practical problems at home caused by the heart failure
- How the family/carers are coping
- Questions about the illness
- Need for information about social or financial concerns
- Need to alter medications