In 2018, it will cost £3 million to run the Hospice which equates to around £8219 per day. With only 20% coming from statutory sources, we greatly rely on the generosity of the communities we serve to raise the additional funding. The Income Generation team, which includes our Lottery, Shops and Fundraising Department, works hard to support the community with raising these necessary funds.
How you can help
There are many different ways you can help us with our fundraising, such as
- attend one of our many events,
- organise your own event for friends, colleagues and family to attend,
- save your pennies and unwanted change in your very own home money cube,
- get sponsored to do something challenging like a sky dive or marathon,
- dedicate a forget-me-not flower which will be planted in the Hospice garden,
- start a Tribute Fund in memory of a loved one,
- leave a legacy in your will,
- make a donation.
If you are thinking of raising funds to support Nightingale House, you could consider setting yourself the challenge of funding a specific project, such as,
- £12.50 pays for a patient’s meals for a day.
- £36 enables a child or family member to receive bereavement support sessions over a year.
- £120 allows 15 patients to spend the day in the Nightingale House Day Care Unit.
- £115 covers the cost of one of our nursing staff for a day.
Most important, please remember every penny counts and every donation made does make a difference to patients and their families in your local community.
Other costs include:
- Complementary treatment session costs £15 for half an hour
- Garden maintenance costs £25
- Child bereavement memory crafts costs £20
- A hydrotherapy session costs £40
If you would like more information, please call 01978 314 292 or contact us.
We greatly rely on your generosity to raise funding we need to run the Hospice, which equates to around £7000 per day.