Join us on our annual Nightingale House Hospice Ride Out!
For just £5.00, this motorcycle ride out will see people from across the country riding some of the best roads of North Wales, all in support of Nightingale House Hospice.
Starting at the Pavilion in Llangollen, the 100 mile return trip heads out to Trawsfynyfdd Lake, with stops in Bala for a comfort break and re-group.
The pavilion has kindly opened the cafe and facilities for everyone to grab a drink or some breakfast while we are registering everyone from 8.30am. The ride out will start at 10am where we will stop at Canolfan Prysor Centre at Llyn Trawsfynydd for approximately 1 hour for refreshments and a chance to catch up with fellow bikers. Bala will be used in both directions as a place to re-group and use the facilities. We aim to return to Llangollan Pavilion for around 4pm where, after a few words from the Hospice, you will be free to stay for a while, head home or continue riding of your own accord.
There will be volunteer marshals on the ride to help keep the group together and stick to the route, as well as a support vehicle at the back (kindly provided and driven by Wrexham Motorcycle Center).
To take a look at the route you will be riding, click here.
Anyone interested in taking part can register by visiting us at Nightingale House Hospice (Chester Road, Wrexham, LL11 2SJ) or by ringing 01978 314292 to register over the phone. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Terms and Conditions
(By registering to take part in the Nightingale Ride Out, you agree to the following terms and conditions.)
- Riders must stick to the speed limit and obey all other road laws and the Highway Code.
- There will be volunteer marshals on the ride. Riders must not overtake the front marshal. The rear marshal will remain behind the slowest rider. There will be a support vehicle in attendance, kindly provided by Wrexham Motorcycle Center.
- Riders must follow the instruction and direction of the event marshals and Hospice staff
- All riders must have valid insurance cover for themselves and any passengers.
- All riders must ride with legal and suitable clothing (including helmet).
- All vehicles must be fully street legal.
- The Nightingale Ride Out is a non-competitive touring event. It is not a timed trial, race or rally.
- The event will end back at Llangollen Pavilion. After reaching the end of the ride out, the Hospice has no involvement and you are free to do as you please.
- Nightingale House Hospice, its staff and volunteers acting in support of the Hospice cannot be held responsible for any accidents, incidents or injuries on the Nightingale Ride Out.
- All riders take part at their own risk and take responsibility for their own actions.
- Upon reaching the cafe stop (Canolfan Prysor Centre), the ride out will wait for the slowest riders to reach the cafe. The rear marshal will then liaise with the front rider before the whole ride out continues. This is the same at both pit stops in Bala.
- Whilst Nightingale House Hospice and its volunteers will endeavour to marshal the route as best as possible, there is a chance that riders may become separated from the group or the marshals at some stage. All riders are personally responsible for following the route from start to finish and will receive a map and written directions before the ride out begins.
- The event is open only to vehicles with an engine capacity of 125cc or over.
- The route is subject to change